I’m often asked what to bring to a session, or what to shop for, so I thought I’d help you lovely Betties identify the staples in every pin-up wardrobe. You may find that youhave some of these items in your wardrobe already.
1) A-line dress: This dress flatters every figure, and minimizes larger hips and derrieres.
2) Swing Dress: This dress is similar to the A-line dress, but has a much fuller skirt, and can be worn with a petticoat underneath.
3) Pencil Skirt: This timeless piece is not only the foundation of a sexy, but sophisticatedlook, but can also work well as office attire, especially ina neutral color like khaki, or navy.
4) Neck Scarf: Sometimes you just don’t have a necklace that will do. A neck scarf is the perfect accessory to add a pop of color.
5) Hair Flower: The hair flower is both ubiquitous and timeless.
6) Seamed Stockings: These are easy to find on ebay or Amazon. It’s better if you can find the old-fashioned kind without the rubber tops; you can wear them with garters for a more authentic vintage look, and avoid the look of “sausage legs”.
7) Wiggle Dress: This is the opposite of the Swing or A-line dress. It’s form-fitting and conveys “Va-Va-Va-Voom” every time you wear it.
8) A Wide Belt- It emphasizes your waist and helps to create that hourglass figure that every pin up girl covets.
9) Red Lipstick- It’s the symbol of glamour and femininity.
10) A Cropped Cardigan- It should have long sleeves and end just above the waist.