If you missed the holiday mini sessions, have no fear. The holidays are here!
Feel free to pass this on to your significant other for the holidays. You can always use your silky new underthings toward a Valentine’s Day session. Hint, Hint!
1) A surefire way to take off pounds is to get the right size. It sounds like common sense, but going too small results in unwanted lumps and bumps. No, buying your Spanx in a size XS when you are a size M will not result in making you look like lost twenty pounds. It may however, restrict your breathing and give you a lovely case of “sausage legs”.
2) Fun, frilly lingerie is always fun when it’s meant to be seen, but don’t neglect your everyday basics. Although, your basics can be fun too, I’d recommend at least one nude bra. Nude is the color you wear underneath white t-shirts, not white!
You need at least one t-shirt bra, non-padded bra, push-up bra, and strapless bra.
Think about it this way. Your basics are your base. When everything fits and is held in place, it actually accentuates your body to create a more flattering image.
3) You probably have a certain style that you like best. I’m pretty versatile in my taste for underthings, but I know that underwire and corsets are a D cup’s best friend.
If you think your significant other is going shopping for you, it wouldn’t hurt to let him or her know what styles you like best. Spare each other the pain of lingerie you wouldn’t be caught dead in, or worse yet, the extra small thong giving you the wedgie from hell. See? Size does matter!
4) Don’t forget the matching accessories! This is especially true if you’re booking a pin up or boudoir session; you still need to dress from head to toe. So, don’t just buy the bra or the panties. Get the set and the matching garter. Or better yet, buy the matching satin robe, or kimono (House of the Broken Dragon). I love robes and kimonos because, just like a button-down shirt, they can be used to drape and hide areas you’re self-conscious about. They add a layer of mystery.
5) Yes, Virginia, that thong makes your butt look big. Thongs of any size will make your derriere look bigger, so if you're looking to give the illusion of a little more junk in the trunk, thongs are the way to go.
6) Don’t forget about bodysuits. They’re versatile and can be worn underneath, or under a blazer and shown off. It’s 2-for-1!
Give the gift of lingerie to yourself or someone else, and you give the gift of transformation!